We’ve been told that the cream of the cream is the best of all; the cream of the cream is the best among the best. But, as I grow older, I noticed that its not always like the way it is. So, this is my personal views on the new meaning of “The cream of the cream”, In the context of the world today.
1. The cream of the cream is the cream of the cream.
2. The cream of the cream is just a cream.
3. The cream of the cream is Not a cream.
Why cream? Previously, we Malaysian live in a very unhealthy ways of eating habit. We want everything to be sweet and creamy. The creamer its goes, the better it taste. So that’s why we prefer “Teh Tarik” compare to Chinese Tea. So, the “Teh Tarik” is the cream of the all tea.
But in the context of healthy lifestyle, the cream of the cream is not as good as its taste because it was the kind donor of all disease. So that’s why the government has put on a lot of initiative to overcome this problem.
And the initiative proposed works perfectly as the people now understand that the sweet and creamy thingy brings a whole of permanents badness compare to the temporary satisfaction. The people now consume less sugar than ever, and the milk now comes with “Unfull Cream” milk.
Unfortunately, the good and healthy lifestyle of say “NO to creamy” effect the whole Malaysian in a good and a bad ways. The good ways is that, we consume less sugar and it contributes to minimizing the conquer of diabetics on Malaysian.
While the bad way is that, when the concept itself being misunderstood by some people. And that’s why I came with my three points of view toward the meaning of “The cream of the cream”.
– The cream of the cream is the cream of the cream explained by the 2009 Local University Medical Degree graduates. Where in 2004 (1st and the last trial), the minimum requirement of entering Medical studies is 4 Flat, which means perfect, for both Matriculation and STPM students.
– The cream of the cream is just a cream is when the government lowering down the minimum requirement of Medical Degree intake to 3.3 in the years after that. Where, the 4 Flat students have no different with the 3.3 students as they both may enter the same courses, provided they’re lucky enough.
The cream of the cream is NOT a cream is explained by the recent news of University intake, where:
The cream (3.3 student) being offered a Medical Degree.
The cream of the cream (4 Flat student) being rejected of the same course and being offered a course of Fine Art.
So now, how can we say it based on the merit alone?